Korea’s Olympic football team, led by Hwang Sun-hong, has qualified for the 2024 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-23 Asian Cup.

South Korea defeated Myanmar 3-0 on Wednesday afternoon at the Changwon Football Center in Gyeongnam, South Korea, in the third match of Group B of the 2024 AFC U-23 Asian Cup.

The tournament is the first gateway to next year’s AFC U-23 Asian Cup, the final Asian qualifier for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.

The top two teams from each of the 11 qualifying groups, the top four teams from Group 2 and hosts Qatar will compete for a place at the AFC U-23 Asian Cup in April/May next year.

South Korea suffered an unfortunate 0-2 defeat to Qatar in the first round, but the result did not affect the rankings as the hosts have already qualified for the U-23 Asian Cup.

After a 1-0 win over Kyrgyzstan on Sept. 9 and a victory over Myanmar on the same day, Hwang Sun-Hong Ho secured the top spot in Group B with back-to-back wins to qualify for the U-23 Asian Cup.

If South Korea finishes in the final three at next year’s AFC U-23 Asian Cup, they will qualify for their 10th consecutive Olympic Games since the 1988 Seoul Games.

Kyrgyzstan (1-0), who lost to Qatar earlier in the day, finished second in Group B but were unable to qualify for the U-23 Asian Cup as their results were lower than those of the other Group 2 teams.

Myanmar, who also drew 1-1, finished third in Group B, trailing Kyrgyzstan on goal difference.

The national team started Kim Shin-jin (Seoul) in the center of the field, with Uhm Ji Sung (Gwangju) and Sang Bin (Minnesota) on the wings.

Lee Hyun-joo (Wiesbaden), Kwon Hyuk-kyu (Celtic), and Baek Sang-hoon (Seoul) were in the second line, while Lee Tae-seok (Seoul), Son Seong-kwan (Bucheon), Cho Wi-je (Busan), 카지노사이트 and Park Chang-woo (Jeonbuk) formed the backline. Shin Song-hoon (Gimcheon) wore the goalkeeping gloves.

Hwang Seon-Hong Ho pushed the ‘underdogs’ Myanmar from the start, making it a one-sided affair.

In the third minute of the first half, Um Ji Sung broke through from the left side along the goal line and beat the opposing defense before firing a shot that was saved by the goalkeeper.

South Korea found the back of the net shortly thereafter through FC Seoul duo Lee Tae-seok and Baek Sang-hoon.

In the fifth minute, Lee Tae-seok sent in a left-footed cross from the left flank, and Baek Sang-hoon rose high in the box to rattle the net with a header.

Hwang Sun-hong-ho continued to knock on Myanmar’s door with crosses from Uhm Ji-sung and Jung Sang-bin on the left and right flanks, and Lee Hyun-joo in the center, but the goal didn’t come easily.

In the 14th minute, Lee Hyun-joo beat the defense with a brilliant dribble from the center, and in the 18th minute, Kim Shin-jin headed a cross from the right flank with two defenders in front of him, but it went over the crossbar.

In the 34th minute, Lee Tae-seok’s cross from the left was not quite at the feet of Jung Sang-bin, and Baek Sang-hoon took the second ball from the penalty spot in front of the goal with a straight right-footed shot, but was denied by a super save from the goalkeeper.

In the 40th minute, Uhm Ji Sung fooled the defense with a solo run in the left penalty area and his low left-footed shot grazed the opposite post, and just before halftime, Jung Sang Bin’s strong right-footed shot from the right penalty area was saved by the goalkeeper.

After not allowing a single shot on goal to Myanmar in the first half, South Korea introduced Min Kyung-hyun (Incheon) for Park Chang-woo in the second half, but conceded a deflected shot on goal after a Myanmar free-kick situation in the 12th minute of the second half and a counterattack opportunity in the 18th minute.

South Korea got on the board in the 30th minute when Lee Hyun-joo used her speed and footwork to break through the center and beat three defenders before sliding a kill pass to Jung Sang-bin on the right, but it didn’t lead to a goal.

Coach Hwang Sun-hong, who dropped Kim Shin-jin, Uhm Ji-sung, and Lee Hyun-joo in favor of Hong Yun-sang (Pohang), Oh Jae-hyuk (Jeonbuk), and Jeon Byung-kwan (Daejeon), tried to score another goal by moving Jung Sang-bin to the front line.

Jeon Byung-kwan scored just four minutes after taking the field.

In the 40th minute of the second half, Jeon Byung-kwan slotted home with his left foot from a cutback pass from Jung Sang-bin in the left penalty area.

Then, in the second half stoppage time, Oh Jae-hyuk rattled the net with his left foot in the Munjeon penalty area to score the third goal and drive a wedge into the 3-0 win. 슬롯사이트

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *